Iran Cultural and Educational Center
Persian Language Development by Proficiency Language Skills Levels
Intermediate High – Fifth Grade
Where in the World – US / Iran – Regions – Cultural Practices and Products – Isfahan / Why do people travel to certain destinations?
- I can present information about selected travel destinations and explain why.
- I can explain and discuss travel as a means of cultural awareness and empathy.
- I can discuss why some Iranians and non-Iranians travel to Iran.
- I can present information about geographical features of the region we will be visiting as part of a virtual trip to Iran.
- I can compare geographical features of the region we will be visiting with the state where I live to identify and discuss their similarities and differences.
- I can identify major cities of the region we will be visiting and locate them on a map.
- I can present and discuss information about agricultural products of the region.
- I can present information about some local dishes and their ingredients.
- I can present/share information about cultural products/crafts and artworks of the region we will be visiting and respond to questions.
- I can describe what I plan to bring back as gifts from Isfahan.
- I can research to gain information about Isfahan’s historical monuments, present my findings and respond to questions.
- I can make a presentation about why people should visit Isfahan.
- I can conduct research to gain information about notable personalities from Isfahan, and present and discuss my findings. (Moahmmad Ali Jamalzadeh Esphahani (writer), Jalil Shahnaz (musician), Javid Afsari Rad (Musician), etc.)
Isfahan – Environmental Issues
- I can research to collect information about environmental issues that Isfahan province is facing today and explain their causes.
- I can research to find information about the impact of air pollution on daily life in Isfahan.
- I can present information about ways to fight air pollution and respond to questions.
Endangered Species – Animal welfare – Why are some animals in danger of extinction?
- I can indicate how much I like or dislike certain animals and explain why.
- I can conduct research to identify selected endangered species, locate them on a world map and discuss them with my classmates. (Sea turtle, wale, seals, chimpanzee, gorilla, jaguar, tiger, Asian elephant, black rhino, panda, etc.)
- I can present information about selected endangered species in Iran and the US. (Asiatic or Iranian cheetah, Baluchistan bear, Caspian seals, Green turtle, Persian leopard, etc.)
- I can discuss human actions that affect animals’ wellbeing and what needs to be done to save them.
- I can share information about what I do to protect animals.
- I can make a factual presentation on ways to persuade others to protect animals and ask and answer questions.
- I can identify and present information about selected wildlife organizations and discuss them with my classmates.
Get Involved – What does it mean to be a Global Citizen?
- I can identify and discuss some issues at school that are hurtful to others.
- I can present information about what we need to do to help correct these issues.
- I can identify and discuss some issues in the community and around the country that are hurtful to others.
- I can select one of the issues that I care about, explain why and respond to questions.
- I can research an organization that focuses on this issue and present information about its efforts to tackle it.
- I can make a presentation to promote support for this cause and respond to questions.
- I can define what it means to be a global citizen and discuss where it begins, discuss it with my classmates and outline a plan to promote it.