Iran Cultural and Educational Center
Persian Language Development by Proficiency Language Skills Levels
Intermediate Mid – Fourth Grade
Where to Go – Travel Plans – Why do people travel?
- I can identify, discuss and present information about different reasons for which people travel.
- I can categorize travel destinations based on the purpose and ask and answer question.
- I can discuss why I like to travel and destinations I would like to visit in Iran.
- I can indicate time of the year I prefer to travel and explain why.
- I can explain what I need to know prior to the trip.
- I can present information about what I need to have prior to the trip to Iran.
- I can discuss factors that determine what to pack prior to a travel plan.
Where in the World – US / Iran – Selected Region – Geography and Cultural Practices and Products (Mazandaran)
- I can locate Mazandaran on the map of Iran and identify its geographical features as part of a virtual trip to Iran.
- I can state, discuss and present weather conditions of Mazandaran. (speaking, reading, writing)
- I can talk about Mazandaran’s main cities and locate them on a political map of Iran.
- I can explain what time of year people mostly travel to Mazandaran and why. [Nowruz and summer]
- I can research to find out how natives of Mazandaran celebrate the New Year, present it to the class and answer questions. [Nowruz Khani]
- I can Identify flora and fauna of the region we will be visiting.
- I can compare flora and fauna of Mazandaran with those of the region where I live, present it to the class and answer questions.
- I can make a presentation about main agricultural products of Mazandaran.
- I can identify main cultural products and practices of Mazandaran and discuss them with my classmates.
- I can identify and discuss main historical/tourist attractions of Mazandaran.
- I can compare Mazandaran and State where I live to identify and discuss their similarities and differences.
- I can identify selected personalities from Mazandaran, research my personality of choice to gain information about their contributions to different fields, make a presentation about my findings and answer questions. (Ali Akbar Davar (Modern Department of Justice) Nima Yousheej (Poet), Farhang Sharif (Musician), Parviz Natel Khanlari (Literary scholar, linguist, author, researcher and politician)
Many Countries, One World: Leisure activities – Why are some sports more universal than others?
- I can make a presentation about sports I am playing, when I started playing and what I like about them.
- I can identify the impact of environment on what makes some sports more popular than others.
- I can share information about benefits of playing sports.
- I can present information about sports people play around the world, including in Iran.
- I can research to find out about physical activities that are particularly popular in Mazandaran and discuss why.
- I can compare sports that people play in the US and in Iran to identify their similarities and differences.
Our Planet Earth – Environment – Why do we have to protect water?
- I can name main bodies of water such as oceans, seas and rivers and locate them on a map of the world.
- I can discuss ways we use water in daily life.
- I can explain the impact of water on food supply.
- I can identify and discuss the causes of water pollution and their impact on the environment.
- I can present information about ways to combat water pollution and answer questions.
- I can explain what I do on a daily basis at home, at school, and outside to conserve water and discuss why I do it.
- I can explain what I do to combat water pollution and discuss to encourage others to do the same.